Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Congratulation to Yeo Chow Tong

Straits Time News URL

My sincere heart felt congratulations to Mr. Yeo! And I invite him to join the opposition and Renegade against famiLEE LEEgime!

:-)

Dec 29, 2009

Yeo will not contest in GE

Mr Yeo Cheow Tong (pictured), a former Cabinet minister who has been representing the Hong Kah area for 25 years, will not contest the next general election. -- ST PHOTO: DESMOND LIM

MR YEO Cheow Tong, a former Cabinet minister who has been representing the Hong Kah area for 25 years, will not contest the next general election.

Mr Yeo told The Straits Times on Tuesday that he had expressed his intentions to Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong before the last general election in 2006.

'I agreed with the Prime Minister then that I would stand for one more term. After that, I want to retire from politics,'' he said.

'Having been MP since 1984, it's time to call it a day and let a younger person take over,' added the 62-year-old, who left the Cabinet in 2006.

The next general election is due by February 2012. Mr Yeo's desire to step out of politics completely was disclosed by PM Lee after the 2006 polls. But Mr Lee asked him to stay on as MP 'because I know how much work he has put in at his constituency'.

Hence, when reporters on Tuesday posed the question, Mr Yeo said he 'felt I should confirm I won't be running rather than give the wrong impression'.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home